<$BlogMetaData$>

Friday, December 10, 2004

ballet

Vincent watched The Nutcracker yesterday. Yes, Vincent watches ballet.

Faster all you bitches, laugh your balls out. Yeah, that's it. Come on, ask me : 'Hey, you, "machoman", you watch ballet?'

Yes, I do. And I like it too. One of my old favourite movies is called Centre Stage, about a bunch of student ballet dancers.

But I am not in much mood to drag a long story on why you should like a bunch of scary muscular people dressed in tights. Neither am I going to do a boring review of St. Petersburg Ballet Company's version of Nutcracker which most people won't give a shit about(I thought it sucked real bad).

Instead, I am going to tell give you parenting tips. Wow, thats so much more interesting, yes?

Now, I went for the matinee show, cause its cheaper for me and its during a more convenient time. As the name suggest, there were a fucking lot of kids around. You might have figured out where I am going with this. Kids can't fucking sit still. When I was a kid, I couldn't even sit still for 5 minutes. So, to think that you could get your kid to sit still for 2.5 hours is fucking kidding yourself.

Next to me was a family with two young girls, no more than 5 years old. 10 minutes into the performance, they started climbing on their chairs and talking to each other. I don't really blame them. I blame their moronic parents. Look, an adult who doesn't appreciate ballet or stuffs like that will also get aggitat. So, if you know your kid has no fucking interest in such stuffs, then don't bring them to watch it. Save your money. Buy them an ice-cream, or a PS2.

I know what these parents are trying to do. They bring their kids to watch shows like that in hope that their kids get some interest in stuffs like that. Its all for showing off you see.

Labels:


Ramblings: Post a Comment

<< Home