Thursday, October 20, 2005
It's been a pretty awesome last few days and there are lessons to be learnt all around. Labels: musings
Case study : Pinky does it again
The story : Pinky the poodle displays her ignorance once again and ends up with a foot in her mouth.
My take : People get way pissed offed, just like before. And just like before, they took it too far. Arguments happen. It is inevitable. People disagree with one another. Some people get offended. But when you do a tactless bashing of somebody (irrelevant whether it is your blog or theirs), you are no better. It's like a pot calling the kettle black. Calling pinky a bitch just because she is ignorant doesn't make you any better than she is.
Lessons learnt :
1) Because I am sort of a demi God, I shall point you in the direction of my divine teachings. This is how you critisize people with class and tact.
2) Anybody can write a blog, but not everybody can write a blog with CLASS.
Case study : Campus 14
The story : Wikipedia has a specific entry dedicated to an event in my university called Campus 14. It basically involves drinking 14 pints of beer or 28 shots of spirit.
My take : I can drink, but I am not crazy. 28 shots of spirit would make you end up in hospital. Possibly the morgue. I ended up drinking 17 shots in a space of 3.5 hours. I have never puked over a drink before. NEVER EVER. Never gotten drunk before.
Lessons learnt : This was a cool experience.
1) Puking does make you feel SOOO much better. I didn't spend my time hugging the toilet bowl as I have seen pics of people doing that. I barfed for less than a minute and was sober enough to clean up after that.
2) If there's puke on the carpet, it would be best to wipe the fluids up with a LOT of toilet paper and then later vacumm up the dried up bits of your barfed up food. Later, you could neutralise the smell with your Hugo Boss perfume. Trust me, it works.
Case study : The Manyoo trip
The story : After doing the Campus 14 thingy on Monday, I caught an early morning train to Manchester to watch Tuesday's game against Lille only to return early this morning. Manyoo drew 0-0 against the French minnows.
My take : Taking early morning trains are not much fun. No, wait. Morning trains are ok. Waking up early to take them is not. On the bright side, I did manage to be early enough to grab McDonald's breakfast. As for football....the only other time I watched Manyoo play in Old Trafford, we lost 1-0 to Milan last season.
Lessons learnt :
1) Double sausage egg McMuffin is probably the best breakfast meal you can have in this country.
2) Two games in Old Trafford and I didn't get to experience a Manc goal celebration. I should probably never go to Old Trafford to watch another game.
3) If I do go, I should probably bet on the game before that.
kimcun : You bad? As in really bad girl? Bad, bad girl? Bad naughty girl? Need spanking do you?
That's a fucking travesty, didn't occur to you, full English Breakfast probably comes from ENGLAND.
So thus it must be far better than that processed puke the golden arches serve.
And anfield > old trafford.
Especially around industrial areas.
Can't beat a good plate of grease and a cup of engine oil coffee in the morning.
ok no need reply, becoz i going offline now!!!!!!!!!byebye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!