<$BlogMetaData$>

Monday, January 23, 2006

wants vs needs

For probably the first time in my life, I don't know what I want exactly.

Sure, I WANT a great job, I WANT a successful career and I WANT to enjoy life. Who doesn't?

And then of course, the million dollar question is - How the hell do I do all that? I promised myself never to be a zombie. I refused to conform to the rigours of student life. I fought against being a walking dead in university - and I bloody enjoyed it. I figured out early that there are some sacrifices worth making and I made those compromises.

But heck, here I am today, eating my own words, working - doing the same thing everyday, which is just fine, but what I have yet to understand is why I am doing it in the first place. Of course, every other fool can tell you that you need a job to get money and well, we all know why we need that money after all. So in other words, we NEED a job.

And you know, we grow up in life knowing what our next objective is. In primary school, we need to do well so that we can have a strong foundation for secondary school. That in turn is so that we can do well in SPM (hah!) and get into a good college, which gets us into a great uni. And we know that good unis make good professionals, which is all we grew up thinking we wanted to be. A doctor, a lawyer, an accountant.

Ok, now that I've been through all that, what next? Whooops, I've come around to a complete circle. I've been through that. The problem is I knew all along that this is what I want, but now that it is in front of me, I am reaching out hoping to grab what I expect to be there, but it's not. There's a whole chunk of void which I conveniently forgot about, and being delusional doesn't help either.

You probably have no idea what my incoherant rambling is all about, but this sums it all quite fittingly.

Confusion.

Labels:


Ramblings:
...but you don't know what you expected in the first place? plenty of luck, perhaps. favour with the boss, rise among the ranks quickly, earn enough to retire by 35 and then spend the remaining 45 years of your life travelling and taking pictures with the long-necked women in africa.
 



Been there, done that... or rather, felt that.

Welcome to the real world.

 



Welcome to the real world! Join the collective!
 



lishun : ARE YOU CRAZY?? Long necked women in Africa??!?!? I rather have big chested women in Vegas, thank you very much. :P
 



welcome to the bloody working world
 



Post a Comment

<< Home