<$BlogMetaData$>

Friday, April 14, 2006

secret of my success

It is no big secret that I am a confident person. You see, confidence is the complete inverse of modesty. It is also well know that I am famous for my non-existance modesty. I know I am great, I know I am a genius in my own right, and I never fail to stop reminding myself that I am sugar and spice and everything that's nice (catchy line, that).

You see, folks, the secret to awesomeness is a rock hard confidence in everything you do. When you are shrouded in an aura of invinsibility, you feel you can do anything it is you set out to do. Of course, such zen-like confidence is hard to build up and takes years and years of practice.

A good start to doing that is NOT putting in your fullest effort in everything you do. Yes folks, you heard that right. DO NOT give your all. DO NOT pour in a 100% effort when you work or study. The maximum effort you should put in would ideally be around 90%. You are also welcome to put in less effort, but that is strictly up to you.

This is because if you give your all and you fail, you end up looking like a right darn loser and your confidence gets shaken (but not stirred though). That is why putting in 90% effort is the way to go. If you fail you can take solace in the fact that you could have done better and that your only reason for failure was because you were lazy and not because you are stupid. And if you exceed all expectations and perform well, you can bask in the fact that you succeeded even though you didn't give your all, and hence you are nothing short of AWESOME.

It is not lying to yourself, no sir. Of course, for most of you, you might have already been scarred by failures of your past when you give your best in previous endeavours. For some child prodigies however, having NEVER given their all, there is always a justification to failure.

One of my friends commented, "But you study till wee hours of the morning the night before your exam!" Yes, but that's only because I needed to bump up my effort from 15% to 80%. This theory is nothing short of mind-blowing and nobody but me could have ever thought it. So, I think at this point I shall stop babbling and leave you to worship me and my lazy, but very confident ass.

Labels:


Ramblings:
I think ppl who study till wee hours of the morning, MAD!!! You're mad. But wait, I've done that before but not anymore. Haha. I'd rather sleep kau kau and then wake up feeling fresh.

You know, people always say that you can make leaders. In this case, your confidence level can't just grow like that. You're either born with a whole load of confidence or not. That's all. Even if you try to fake your confidence level, you'd screw up somewhere because of your insecurities.

 



*can't make leaders
 



heck, you're right. you can't make leaders. i guess i am born with a big ass then.
 



i don't agree that confidence is the inverse of modesty. cockiness is the inverse of modesty. cocky people are mostly confident. over-confident in fact. confident people are sometimes cocky. but there are also confident people who are modest. (this will be much easier if i had a whiteboard)

ghandi will be a very obvious example of someone who had very very high confidence and who was yet extremely modest (didn't meet him in person but this is what i gather).

in relation to your not studying too much so that if you fail you can blame it on laziness and not stupidity, i totally agree. your theory is the total opposite of the infamous "teacher's" theory :

always aim for an A, then at least if you fall you will get a B.

that never made sense to me. i guess we can label your theory the PRIDE theory.. whereby the end result is that you look good no matter what.

and i always felt that a good night's sleep was far more beneficial than late night studying. i always had at least 10 hours of sleep before every exam.. even if i had not even completed my 1st round of reading the textbook.

 



pardon me for this iiiii (how many i's you have in that nick anyway)

...
you said:
i don't agree that confidence is the inverse of modesty. cockiness is the inverse of modesty. cocky people are mostly confident. over-confident in fact. confident people are sometimes cocky. but there are also confident people who are modest. (this will be much easier if i had a whiteboard)
...

but i don't think having a whiteboard will actually help you explicate the ridiculousness of this overtly verbose line. like, huh?

hehehe.

vince, you have weird readers with strange nicknames.

 



If I had a whiteboard I'd draw some stick figures.
 



Some people talk about Gandhi as if the feller was their classmate back in Form One.

Success? Success is when n00bs give you RM 30k in order to have an imaginary title like Count or Duke. That would be success with maybe 2% effort. :P

 



Before I start kissing your ass , is it clean ? XD

Study untill wee hours of morning is more like a bragging rights than being hardworking for real . I hardly study till uber late , I rather have a good night sleep . Sometimes I also confused whther I am giving 100 % effort or just 90 % , which I hardly care as long as I get the work done well , which is sort of suicide .

 



Post a Comment

<< Home