<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, June 22, 2006

tis' is life

I figured that it is best not to get philosophical and shit like that, but if you were sitting in my shoes there is no way you can go about keeping your sanity without looking on the bright side of things.

There were no less than 100 times when I was asked, "Is this what you want?"

The answers varied.

First it was, "Oh hell, yeah!"

And then it turned into, "Positively sure"

After that, "Yes, this is what I want."

But 'yes' is okay. There's nothing wrong with a 'yes'. As long as the answer is not 'I don't know' I reckon I shall get along pretty fine. An 'I dunno' always translates to a 'NO' because you wouldn't turn down something you've always wanted. And so, my answer is still an affirmative' YES'.

You learn load in life, you know. Most of those lessons don't come from books and schools. I used to think you would learn those lessons in working life, but now I realise that it is not true. You get loads of lessons in life as a consequence of working - most of the time out of office hours.

I think I can come out of all this, hick town and all, saying that I learnt more in this last few days that I have in my last 21 years. Or at least, I hope that I can say that without lying to myself. But you know, even if that doesn't turn out to be completely true, what's true is that I have never felt more satisfied with every action I have taken in the last week.

You read this and think, "What's this old bloke babbling about?" Never mind that. If there is a lesson you should derive out of all this is the simple fact that you should always pick up your balls when you are young and able.

Now, if you excuse me, I need to go somewhere and scream, "YOU"RE GODDAMN RIGHT THIS IS WHAT I WANT!"

Labels:


Ramblings:
Hahah, indecisive le mah.
What happened to the fricking aura of wisdom?! ;)

 



Post a Comment

<< Home