<$BlogMetaData$>

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

here's a thought

Not too recently, someone asked me whether I would ever sacrifice my happiness for another person's. The answer, I thought was a no-brainer. I am definately a self-serving selfish creature that one could only possibly term of as 'human'.

Would I go out of my way to make someone happy? Well, that's a different question all together. If making someone happy brings joy to myself, then sure, I would. But why should I feel compelled to act like a selfless saint and heap sorrow upon myself just to please you?

I would have thought that anybody with half a brain that reads everything I have to say here, could figure out for themselves that I am many things - but selflessness is NOT one of those things. And if I may be so bold to point out that there really isn't such a thing a selfless good deed, then perhaps, dear, you would understand where I am coming from.

How else would you have me react to the utterly nonsensical ramblings of my already dramatic life? What did you think was ever going to come out of the shell? I can't possibly know, and I certainly do not expect other people to. I could go against the very core of my sensible judgement and for probably the first time ever, shut my gob.

But we all know that that is not what I like doing, and certainly something that I do not wish to do. I fight for what I want, I clamour for every piece of attention like how a child scraps for biscuit crumbs at the bottom of the tin. That is what I do, and that I what I accept I have to do.

So if it doesn't bother me, why should it bother you?

Labels:


Ramblings: Post a Comment

<< Home