<$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, November 05, 2009

monkey see, monkey do

Did you guys know there is a Facebook group called "We are 1,000,000 Malaysians that support the BAN of plastic bags"?

Of course the 'friend' of mine that is a member of that cult was always a tool anyway, so it kinda makes sense. Besides, there is a bloke in that group who wrote, "We can ban plastic bags... of all kind.... Except condoms. SAY YES TO CONDOM. SAY YES TO SEX!" so we can assume that it is a group for idiots anyway since there exist people who thought that condoms were plastic and not rubber. Or people who thought that plastic and rubber were the same thing.

But I never did get this whole idea of banning plastic bags. I could never understand why these tree huggers make such a big fuss about using plastic bags when grocery shopping.

Seriously. I haven't got the faintest clue why not.

Look, when you buy something, you will ultimately generate waste from it eventually. If you buy an apple, you will throw the core. If you buy a bag of potato chips, you will throw the bag. If you buy a tube of toothpaste, you will eventually throw the empty tube.

Correct?

Now, when you throw rubbish, what do you use? I don't know about the tree huggers who bitch about me taking plastic bags when I shop at Giant, but when I throw away food waste, I throw it in the same bags I bought the stuff in. And, odds are, you generate some sort of waste everyday and hence need to take out the trash every other day if not everyday.

So, if they ban plastic bags, or ask me not to use plastic bags, where the fuck should I throw the chicken bones, orange peels and general waste?

Or are these people who call for the ban of plastic bags actually idiots who never cook and therefore have never experienced generating waste?

I don't know. You guys need to humour me here.

Labels:


Ramblings:
That's why. The use of the word 'ban' is a problem here. We should reduce our usage where we can.. like if buying only bread, bottled drinks, etc.. those stuff can carry without using bags mah.
 



if i'm not mistaken , i saw cold storage bangsar has started charging pple for plastic bags. So here's another bone for u : taking an Issue and turning it into an income-generator (albeit v. minimal)
 



Now that's actually something I understand...taking a stupid CSR project, claim brownie points while making money.

WHAT AN AWESOME BUSINESS MODEL!

 



Post a Comment

<< Home