<$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

moving house

This will be the B*tchingLOG's last post. Say hello to the unimaginatively named "Say what?!?!"

I've been meaning to do this for eons now. The blog title and template design had long outlived its purpose. I started this blog as a 19 year old university student who was too lazy to spend his Easter Holidays writing his final year degree thesis.

At its peak, this blog was sort of famous, although back then it was easier because there were fewer of us. I've had more than my fair share of controversy and silly arguments with other silly people, but that was all part of the fun.

And no matter how many people told me back then that I was awesome, or that they didn't know any other 19, 20, or 21 year olds who were as well opinionated and as aware of current issues as I was - there were also people who couldn't help but tell me how brash and loud I was.

Either way, it didn't matter then.

But it does now. When a reader comes to this site, sees the maroon template and the big bold words at the top, he immediately forms a judgement on what type of blog this is. And I think, writing more serious stuff these days calls for a more serious template (but not tooo serious, of course). One that doesn't scream out to the reader that I am an angry 19 year old.

So why didn't I just change the template and keep the address? Why did I need to move?

Two reasons.

First, I am sentimental idiot that way. I have a toy car the size of a matchbox that changes colour when the room temperature changes. I put that car in my mum's fridge when I was 5. She has since changed 2 fridges but she knows better than to throw it or put it in my room. Somewhere else in a shoebox are my electronic projects and hobbies from school. Somewhere else are clay moulds of my jaws from the time I have my braces fitted.

It's the same with this blog. I spent days and days teaching myself HTML because I refused to use the ready made templates (unfortunately, I don't have such a luxury these days). There was no conceivable way I was going to allow myself to change the template without preserving the old blog somehow.

Secondly, and more importantly, when someone reads the archives of this blog for whatever reason (even if nobody out there reads it, I do) they have to read the earlier articles in the context of the whole blog. You have to read about me calling a girl with 17As for SPM a moron with the large B*tchingLOG font screaming down at you. And you just have to read the great tampon review with the playful maroon background and yellow fonts mocking you. Any other way and it would seem very wrong.

So there we have it, 6 years and 1 month after I started this blog, change your links and let's start afresh:

SAY WHAT?!?!

Labels:


Ramblings:
rotfl you used html too! those "good" old days when you had all the control. i'm gonna keep my links here for awhile tho.
 



Haha, funny story. Thanks for sharing. Damn 6 years is a lot!
 



Post a Comment

<< Home